Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, April 20, 2006

A watercolour day

Today was a wash of greys and green, as the rain came down most of the day. Here and there pinks and whites of flowering trees stood out against the bright green and subdued greys and silvers. I didn't bring my umbrella with me today, and after taking a break to capture a periwinkle flower using watercolour pencils, I headed out into the wet just in time for a shower whilst I waited for the bus. I took shelter at the Eagle Creek library branch, where I came out with the following things due to a somewhat odd mood:

  1. Passion: A Novel of the Romantic Poets by Jude Morgan. I love the Romantic era, and I've especially been drawn to George Gordon, Lord Byron and his half-sister and supposed lover (and possibly mother of one of his daughters), Augusta Leigh.
  2. A Fool and His Honey by Charlaine Harris (I somehow overlooked this one when I thought I'd read all the Aurora Teagarden mysteries)
  3. Forty Whacks: New Evidence in the Life and Legend of Lizzie Borden by David Kent (one of the real murders I've been interested in, especially since pop culture tends to forget Lizzie was acquitted
  4. Watercolor Made Simple by Claudia Nice
  5. The Watercolor Artist's Flower Handbook by Patricia Seligman
  6. Painting Plant Portraits: a Step-by-Step Guide by Keith West
  7. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (the movie, which I decided to finally watch since Douglas Adams is credited for the screenplay, and of course, it should give the answer to life, the universe, and everything


Now I'm home listening to the news and doing some work on the computer. Hope you have a good evening.

No comments: