Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

How fitting

Yesterday's DailyOM discussed the Bad Day that we all have, and how it can be viewed as a gift, because it gives us pause to reflect, and of course, it makes other days seem so much brighter. Here's a snippet:
We all have days from time to time when it feels like the world is against us or that the chaos we are experiencing will never end. One negative circumstance seems to lead to another. You may wonder, on a bad day, whether anything in your life will ever go right again. But a bad day, like any other day, can be a gift. Having a bad day can show you that it is time to slow down, change course, or lighten up. A bad day can help you glean wisdom you might otherwise have overlooked or discounted. Bad days can certainly cause you to experience uncomfortable feelings you would prefer to avoid, yet a bad day may also give you a potent means to learn about yourself.


I'm thankful that my life is not full of bad days, that I can have one occasionally and then bounce back the next day with renewed purpose. There are so many others who in the course of their everyday lives deal with far worse than I do, and have far more reason to complain. That said, I'm glad I have this forum to pour out my problems and my joys, because it really does help to write them down, or in this case, type them in. Writing can be a catharsis of sorts, a focus for the emotions that otherwise would continue churning inside. Ironically, because this is a public forum, there's lots I can't write about, especially in terms of my relationships with others, but it is enough, and I'm slowly trying to learn ways of journalling the private stuff, too. But thank you for reading my blog. I feel like I can share a lot of my life with others, and even if I don't know them intimately, it's a start, right?

No comments: