Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, April 01, 2006

I just got in from the gas station

My goodness, it was busy. Between the traffic on Richmond Road rerouted from I-75 causing snarls and getting a lot of people confused as to how to avoid the mess and the fact that tonight is Powerball night and the jackpot's getting pretty big, we had all sorts of people in and very little down time, including one guy that I thought we'd have to call the police over. (Hint to those of you out there: no matter how upset you are over a promotion that was discontinued four months ago that would have given you 25 gallons in free gas, don't threaten to not pay. If you don't pay, it's considered theft and if the clerk also has your licence plate number, even if you leave it means a phone call to the police, fines, and the loss of your driver's licence. Also, if you want to bitch to corporate, well, that's what they get paid for. We're happy to tell you the number. But there is only so much a clerk can do for you, no matter how much a fuss you make, and even to some extent only so much a manager can do. Personally I would have made sure I had the coupon in hand before pumping nearly $80 in gas, something that wouldn't have been possible because it was discontinued so long ago. But that's just me.)

So, I'm glad to leave that all behind me. Now for a (hopefully) relaxing night at home, away from all that.

No comments: