Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, April 07, 2006

Heaven help me

I just sent an e-mail to the Director of Graduate Studies for the History department at UK asking if it would be possible for me to finish my graduate studies. That means either returning as an MA candidate, finishing that, then continuing to the PhD or bypassing the MA and heading straight to the PhD. I'd prefer the latter, because I'd only have to defend one thesis rather than two. I realise now that a lot of the problems I had that led me to dropping out were health based. In the time since I stopped going to school, I've been diagnosed with diabetes, asthma, sleep apnea, obsessive-compulsive disorder, major depression, anxiety issues, social phobia, and borderline personality disorder. In other words, I was a real mess. It's amazing I did as well as I did. Now that I'm being treated for all those, though, I think I have a good chance to finish what I started.

And I actually sent the e-mail without triggering a panic attack. :) Wish me luck.

No comments: