Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, August 12, 2004

Ugh. Gesundheit ist besser als Krankheit, and that's a fact.

Well, I'm alive, anyway. I think.

The night before last I started having a headache that was bad enough I couldn't sleep, and I was a little dizzy. I was light sensitive and kept thinking I saw things out of the corner of my eyes. I thought maybe I had a migraine coming. Yesterday I was dizzy and nauseous and my blood pressure was higher than normal, but the headache had lessened. My hands and feet were cold (almost unheard of for me) and I kept having numbness go down one arm, then another, my face would get numb in parts. I called the doctor's office just to make sure there wasn't anything beyond migraine issues, but needless to say, I was relieved to just get home and into bed. Then I started violently chilling for the next six hours. I simply could not get warm, despite flannel sheets, extra blankets, turning off the air and fan, and getting the animals curled up with me. Then, my fever broke and I felt stifly hot, but closer to normal. All was well. Until I threw up, not once but twice. At least the nausea subsided after that.

So today I feel a little more like myself. I'm not dizzy. I'm a little dehydrated and my stomach is still a little touchy, so I'm drinking water and Sprite and I had a little yoghurt for breakfast. I am still very tired, despite 16 hours of sleep, though, so I'm not up to anything really big.

No comments: