Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, August 27, 2004

I have a dancing chicken in my head

I'm waiting for the 'well, Ms. Rowan, the reason for your dizziness is clear. You have dancing chicken disease. You are obviously distracted by the chicken whirling about inside your brain and being made dizzy by the motion.'

On one of the MRI slices we were looking at last night, there looked, for all the world to be a plucked chicken shape in terms of the structured. Mind you, we were viewing it in a dark room with it up against a computer screen. Later, in bright light, the chicken turned elusive and was no more.

On one of the frontal image slices, (about 2-3 from the front of my face), it looks for all the world like that one demon guy who used to show up in 'Angel' to give Cordelia guidance from the Powers That Be.

The most disturbing one is a slice taken right above my eyes across my head where the eyes (usually looking straight ahead) are all googly, one pointing up, one off-centred.

But I think the dancing chicken explains it all. :)

No comments: