Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, August 15, 2004

I'm up

I have the blinds open for the first time in days, the windows open to enjoy the cool weather, the radio on, too. It's the first time I've been able to really enjoy listening to music in about a week, with the migraine issues and being sick.

I have charged my phone, cleaned out the cat boxes, taken a long bath, bathed Cerys with flea shampoo, and shampooed the carpet. Dee's supposed to be here in about an hour and half. I'm taking a break and drinking some cranberry juice (which does seem to be helping with the threatened UTI), and I'm contemplating whether to wash the dishes by hand or use the dishwasher. The dishwasher uses less water, actually, but I'm not thrilled with how clean things get with the machine...it's an older, smaller model than I'm used to, and it always seems to leave smutz behind. I think I'll go with the machine for now because then I can do a little bit of unpacking/straigtening. Laundry will have to wait till tonight, but I think I managed to find something semi-clean for the game.

No comments: