Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Today's Shocker

Retired Principal Gunned Down While Mowing

James Trachsel was our assistant principal when I attended Danville High School. He was apparently shot multiple times whilst riding a mower by a neighbour who had long held a grudge related to water runoff on their properties. For whatever reason (and really, I think it just sounds like wackoness) the neighbour claimed he shot Trachsel in self-defence.

What a weird, weird world. I remember Mr Trachsel as someone who, like most assistant principals, got to be the 'enforcer', but never had any issues with him myself and most kids I knew respected and even admired him. Even then, he was known for going above and beyond when needed, and he was constantly out in the halls during lunch and breaks to be available when kids needed him.

I am really beginning to fear old geezers with guns.

No comments: