Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, September 11, 2014

A rare daytime weekday post

because I'm off today! [I don't blog at work, after all.] I couldn't remember the last time I'd just come straight home from work (I think it was the Monday before last, or maybe the one before that), and I got to do that last night, although then there was the whole picture thing, but I had also decided to ask for today off to deal with all the stuff at home of which I haven't been able to take care. I had a doctor's appointment this morning at 8 am with my ankle surgeon/podiatrist, and with all the heavy rain and traffic I was running late, but so was he, so it all worked out. My feet are doing well, I'm having no problems, and I got to pick out a pair of shoes good for diabetics that should be available in 2-4 weeks for me to pick up. So I came back through the driving rain, went to the new Richmond Road McDonald's (much easier to get in and out of than the old one, but a little odd, as you enter on one side and drive all around the building to get to the drive through. I got a couple of egg and cheese biscuits, came home, took my medicine and ate, listened to the radio, and now I've got to work out a plan for dealing with the house, as I have about six hours before I have to go over to a friend's to take him to an appointment. In the meantime, it's a rainy, cool day, and I think I'm going to open the windows, turn on all the lights (because it is rather dark in here without the sun out), and get going.

No comments: