Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, September 01, 2014

A busy, satisfying long weekend

    Friday:
  1. Was let out of work early and spent some time with a friend on his birthday
  2. Watched a couple of episodes of 'Haven' with YKWIA
    Saturday:
  1. Food at Masala at Beaumont's lunch buffet; lovely Indian food
  2. Dessert at Baskin Robbins'
  3. A trip to Barnes & Noble; I got a book with a pull-out chart on the key events in various world religions and a book for Brenda's birthday (which isn't till October, but it's nice to have things together early)
  4. Grocery run
  5. More episodes of 'Haven' with YKWIA
    Sunday:
  1. Game preparation
  2. Game notes
  3. An episode of 'Haven' with YKWIA
  4. The Call of Cthulhu game with Brenda and YKWIA
    Today (Monday)
  1. Lots of sleep, finally getting going about 1 pm
  2. Found what I was looking for last week, yay!
  3. Watched two episodes of 'Witches of East End' with friends
  4. Watched an episode and a bit of 'Rizzoli & Isles' with them
  5. Watched the new episode of 'The Awesomes' with YKWIA
  6. Visited and looked things up on the Internet together
Now I'm home and it looks like it's going to storm for the second time today. I am listening to Bastille's album Bad Blood and thinking about reading some on my Kindle before heading to bed. So it was a lot of rest, good time spent with friends, and catching up on TV shows. We didn't watch 'Doctor Who' on Saturday because we barely got back from the store and YKWIA and I were just plain pooped from a busy day, but both of us recorded it, anyway, so there's that to watch, too. The coming week I have four appointments after work, one for each weekday, one of my own and three of a friend's where I'm giving him a ride. Anyway, it was fun and restful this weekend, and I feel better prepared for what will no doubt be a very busy 'short' week. I hope you had a restful time as well.

No comments: