Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, September 18, 2014

A much better day today

Yesterday was somewhat stressful, as I was trying to get two friends home and then me home while running the car with my gas light on the whole time. I also hit a squirrel on Ashland Avenue while going to pick up A, and it was terrible, but I had no time to brake (and had someone right behind me, so I couldn't) or swerve, and the only blessing is it was a very quick death. And I didn't cry. I once hit a cat (a black one, at midnight on Friday the 13th, after a couple of idiots in our group were playing with a Ouija board, if you believe it). Thinking it was a friend's, I stopped and took it to their house. It died in my arms on the way. I then proceeded to cry hysterically for about 45 minutes. I am very much an animal lover, as you know if you read this blog, and it was the first animal I'd ever killed. Since then there was the robin who tried to land in front of my car on US 27 as I was going 60 mph, and I think there was probably another squirrel at some point. That's four in nearly 30 years of driving--I guess that's not bad. But each one made me sad.

Today was better. For one, it was payday, so the first thing I did was go get a half of a tank of gas and some money for the cafeteria at work. Later, I ran by Kroger and got a few things, as things were kind of tight the last few days. Then YKWIA and I watched an episode of 'Haven'. He's watched each of the first four seasons. The fifth is on SyFy right now, but he won't watch it because the way they spell the channel name. So it'll probably be awhile before the fifth season is on Netflix. I'm on season three, almost halfway, I think. I love the show. I'm just concerned he's going to take some of the stuff from it and put it into our Call of Cthulhu game.

I'm home now, listening to music through a bluetooth speaker tower that's paired to my phone, namely Loreena McKennitt. I find her very relaxing to listen to in the evening. It's not quite the same as my old dock and boom box setup, but it works well. The tower can also plug into the phone and charge it, or play the FM radio, or play music from a USB drive or SD card. Not too bad. It's got a nice sound. Right now I've got it in the bedroom, but I'm thinking of putting it in the living room. I wish I could play the TV sound through it.

Okay, sleep is the next thing on my agenda. Hopefully tomorrow I can get some work done on the house, which is getting unbearable, and I'm not a neat freak by any means. Saturday I know we have to go to the pharmacy and grocery. Sunday should be the game. But for now, I'm just glad tomorrow is Friday. :)

No comments: