Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, September 19, 2014

Have I mentioned

that somewhere along the way, while I wasn't particularly paying attention, I've lost 16 lbs? Three more pounds and I'll be back to where I was briefly after my ankle was broken nearly two years ago. Fourteen more pounds and I'll reach the goal my endocrinologist set for trying to increase my insulin sensitivity, which would allow me to ease off the insulin some. I wore a blouse today that had been a little tight/uncomfortable on me ever since I got it and it fit much better and I got a lot of compliments on it. It's a soft mossy green and beige with a pinkish flower on the front. It made me feel good about myself. I also wore a pearl bracelet and strand that were my grandmother's, and a pair of faux pearl earrings I have. So even though it was jeans day at work, and I did wear jeans, I was kind of dressy from the waist up.

In the hour or so that I've been home, I've loaded and run the dishwasher, moved the speaker tower out to the living room, and straightened up the living room some. (I think playing the music has been interfering with my sleep, which usually actually lulls me to sleep, but for whatever reason the same music is keeping me awake. Last night I slept about two hours total, even with gentle Celtic music, and the night before I didn't sleep well. Apparently the richer sound is somehow an issue compared to my phone connected to a little boom box.) Now I'm trying out the charging option and I'm playing some Natalie Merchant and I'm eating a little dinner. I opened the windows to let the almost-autumn air in. But I needed to get some food in me--I'd taken my Byetta about an hour before and it can cause nausea if you wait too long to eat, although at least I haven't had that trouble. My main thing is trying to take it with enough time (at least 15 minutes) prior to eating. :)

So I've finished eating. It would be nice to take a nap, but I'm afraid that I wouldn't wake up easily, and there's so much to do here. Tomorrow I need to take a friend to the pharmacy, which closes by 1 pm, so I need to go over there fairly early. Okay, maybe it's time for a bit more caffeine. :) Maybe I'll watch a bit of 'The Big Bang Theory' while I work on the living room. I got season 7 on DVD today from Amazon with my cashback bonus from my credit card, so it was kind of free. :)

No comments: