Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Up

eating sugar-free popsicles in the middle of the night. Monday is a kind of catch-up day for me in terms of sleep, so I laid down about 7:30 pm and now it's after midnight and I'm up. I'm going to try to get up and go to work early to make up for an appointment today, as I'm still a bit behind.

I can't really report anything really stupendous happening today. I did forget my phone at home (I had it in my pants pocket, then took it back out to put in my jacket, but then got distracted; it sat all day next to where my purse had been). This caused me a bit of uneasiness; I mean, I had my tablet, I could do anything normally, including listening to music, that I'd wanted short of getting calls or texting. Still, I swung by the house and grabbed it on the way to that appointment. Years ago, before I had a cell phone but after they had become fairly widespread, a friend wound up in the emergency room while I was uncharacteristically out at the mall. I came back to find a message from several hours before, and he was still there. I felt like I'd let him down, at the time, although he had called someone else so it wasn't like he was alone. But I like to be better prepared in cases of emergency.

I'm still sleepy. I suppose I should take my insulin and go back to sleep. Good night.

No comments: