Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

We had Chinese food from Jin Jin for dinner

and I got these two fortunes in my cookies:
You will conquer obstacles to achieve success.
and
Good things are coming to you in due course of time.
Typically ambiguous, but promising.

It's almost 1 am and I'm just getting home from visiting with my friends and watching a couple of shows with YKWIA ('The Originals' and 'Supernatural', plus some YouTube videos, including these:

'Spell Block Tango'


which is a Disney-inspired version of 'Cell Block Tango' from the musical Chicago:



Now I'm sleepy and it's time for bed. My doctor put in an order for a new CPAP machine for me; we'll see if they'll be able to run it through using the sleep study from six years ago or if the insurance company will want another study done. I originally went because I was afraid my 15-year-old machine would give up the ghost, leaving me unable to sleep properly, but the doctor said that with the advances they've had since then, they now have machines that can automatically adjust pressure, which would help my residual daytime sleepiness. My current machine is set at about the lower threshold of the pressure I should be getting. A new one would start there and automatically adjust up as needed. Also, they keep data stored in them for up to three years that help the sleep centre determine best options. He also wants to change my the headgear to a smaller assembly which will be more comfortable and won't require a chin strap. My machine is so old, they had to test it using mechanical means and seemed quite surprised that it was still running. So wish me luck. I did tell them I hoped I didn't need a new sleep study--I hate trying to get the goop out of my hair. I don't mind much else about them, but the goop they use to put the electrodes on your head with takes days to get out; I had a friend shave his head before having one once, but that's not a viable option for me, as I'd look silly (I have a rather flat head). The doctor seemed genuinely surprised that the goop was the stuff I found most annoying about the test. I wonder if he's every had to deal with it--he has a very full head of hair. :)

Anyway, it's time to hook the CPAP back up in the bedroom and go to bed. Good night.

No comments: