Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, October 28, 2013

I noticed a little while ago

that Time Warner Cable must have come today, because my cable has been moved from the old outlet (which was working, whereas the new one wasn't fully) to the new one (which is now fine). At least they locked my door back (the subcontractor the other day left it open).

I also noticed that my remote for my television has Braille on the power and a couple of other buttons.

I just put together the package for sending a Robert Jordan book that was requested from me via PaperbackSwap.com. Yes, I know, swapping books defeats the purpose of getting rid of them. But I only have thirteen books posted for swapping, whereas when I weed, I'll have to really cull them. As to the Robert Jordan books, I only have one left. They were okay, but I never finished the series because, well, frankly, they were starting to get repetitive. So it's nice to get them to someone else who might like them better.

I did actually remember to pay a bill that was due tonight. It's good that I'll be paid soon. The only trouble with being more mobile, etc., with the car is that it costs a great deal more than the bus did. But I can go where I want, when I want, and take others with me, and that, as the MasterCard ads put it, is priceless.

I have an appointment with my sleep doctor tomorrow and must remember to bring the CPAP machine with me. I suspect they'll laugh at it. There's no removable card; you're supposed to plug in the machine to something that reads it, and I don't know if they'll still have that ability or not. :) By my reckoning it's about fifteen years old and looks like a grey version of my mom's old avocado-coloured hair dryer.

I believe I am going to check in with a friend via e-mail (it's a bit late to call) and then head on to bed. Good night.

No comments: