Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Look what came up in my shamrocks
Leucocoprinus birnbaumii, also known as the flowerpot parasol, plantpot dapperling, yellow parasol, yellow houseplant mushroom, lemon-yellow lepiota, or yellow pleated parasol, Their spores don't seem to be dangerous from anything I've read, but the mushroom itself can cause significant stomach distress if eaten. I went ahead and removed this after I took the picture. I've had to remove several, although this is the first one to mature past the button stage. I must admit, it is pretty. But as far as I'm concerned, mushrooms do not belong indoors unless you're planning on eating them.