Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, August 20, 2011

It has been an extremely productive week

For example, of thirteen things on my to-do list for yesterday, I got 12 of them done (still need to take some withdrawn books to storage/clean off a book truck at the library).

Today I have gone to the bank, gotten some laundry money, gone to the grocery, and then had Taco Bell, which I was craving (thankfully, I was ferried around by some friends to do all that, and back home in just an hour or so). I checked the news. Then I finished the game notes. The next step is to take a small break and then...dum, dum, dum...put on some move-around-to-it music and straighten up the house. This last week I've been so busy I've just been throwing things wherever I happen to be, and that's just bad. I've already cleared up the computer station, but there's the couch and dining table to do. Plus I need to make room for a bookshelf a friend is giving me and do some dishes and clean the bathroom. But if I diligently do all that, I've promised myself that I can finish reading the next chapter of The Help. :) [Yes, I did find a use for that Amazon gift card. I bought two books and two games for the Kindle--Gail Carriger's Heartless, Kathryn Stockett's The Help, Yahtzee, and a suite of puzzle games.] And while I'm reading, I may (or may not) do laundry (it is one of my least favourite chores, because it involves schlepping everything over to the laundry room, which is under the leasing office). I wish I had a washer/dryer in the apartment. Oh, well.

Okay, that's all for now. I do expect to post some later--I've been remiss, I know.

No comments: