Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I saw this the other day and loved it

The use of Snow Patrol's 'Chasing Cars' in the first one was brilliant. And the little dog (a Yorkie) really loves his or her pit bull friend.





I am not saying there are not dangerous pit bulls or Rottweilers out there. But the gentlest dog I know is a Rottweiler, and although very stupid (she likes to run headfirst into brick walls), she's incredibly loving and sweet, and I don't think she'd ever harm anyone. I'm a little wary of both dog breeds if I meet them on the street and probably wouldn't have them in a house with very young children (although the one I know would probably let kids do just about anything to her), mind you, but I think if raised with love, they can be loving pets and companions.

Unfortunately, if you look up Rottweiler or pit bull on YouTube you get an awful lot of dog fights. I don't think they should be there, frankly, but on the other hand maybe it's best if people see the stupid and cruel things people do to dogs.

Thanks to YKWIA for showing me the first one.

No comments: