Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, May 20, 2010

So I went to my ophthalmology appointment

and although my ocular pressure's a little higher, it's not enough to warrant medicine, so we'll check it again in November. I didn't have to have my eyes dilated or anything; it was a brief check, maybe 10 minutes total (the waiting and appointment together were about an hour, which wasn't so bad). While I was waiting I read the preface and first chapter of What Do I Eat Now?. It's meant to be digested a chapter at a time. The first chapter is on setting realistic goals and following through. Speaking of that... :)

Then I went to the library, which was on the way home. I was thinking of the Dewey Decimal reading project. I wanted to read about Atlantis for 001, but it turns out the two books I wanted to read aren't in that classification. The classic Atlantis: the Antediluvian World by Ignatius Donnelly is in 390s, and Atlantis: the Andes Solution by JM Allen is in the 980s. :( The ones about Atlantis from 001 seem fairly silly. Monster!: the A-Z of Zooform Phenomena by Neil Arnold looks interesting (I am rather fond of cryptozoology), but is currently checked out. So I may have to wait awhile for that. But there aren't any hold on it at least.

I know I should keep them in order, but I did find Biblia's Guide to Warrior Librarianship: Humor for Librarians Who Refuse to Be Classified by Amanda Credaro and couldn't resist. But it's in 020. Hopefully as long as I keep track, it'll be okay. Wish me luck. It's going to take awhile, and goodness knows I'm bad at keeping things like this going.

No comments: