Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, March 07, 2010

A great Cthulhu game

Me: Do you ever wonder why we do this on a weekly basis year in and year out?
Brenda: The same reason I bike 30 miles a day; I'm a masochist.
It's kind of funny when you have a character that not only took a dagger to the eye, was subject to a spell where she was cooked from the inside out, and then trampled by a bunch of people turning on their dark lord, but you consider it a good gaming session because it ended with the great evil averted and the evil cultist ripped to shreds by his own minions.

It's pretty exhilarating; that's one reason to do it. And it's fun, and it's my main social outlet, sacrosanct (I will not work on Sundays because of it.) But my character, an immortal (as in will not age and die, rather than able to take a licking and keep on ticking) necromancer, is barely clinging to life--and I'm somehow okay with this, because we succeeded in our mission. I know, it's crazy, but hey, some people have stranger hobbies.

No comments: