Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, March 12, 2010

I feel better

A friend worked on my back tonight, much like a chiropractor would, putting the spine back in place correctly. I came home (bumpy bus ride that isn't great for my back ensued), put IcyHot on my neck (well, the pharmacy version, anyway), and went to the massage cushion and let it go for a good long while (minus the heat--that doesn't mix with the IcyHot well), with a Snuggie over me. Not surprisingly, I fell asleep sometime after I stopped the massage. Between what he did and that, it seems to have helped the muscle spasms in my neck. I won't say I have full range of motion, but it's better than before.

This afternoon I had to take a half of a Percoset for the pain. Now, I'm a weenie when it comes to some types of pain, but usually take things like this in stride. I only took one Percoset when I had oral surgery, for example (hence why I still have a few). When I had my carpal tunnel surgeries I think I took pain meds for a day. Ibuprofen usually takes care of my needs. This time was a little different, but hopefully it will be greatly improved soon. There's still a numb place at the base of my neck where the muscles are bunched up. I have osteoarthritis there because my spine is very straight (it's 'J' shaped rather than 'S' shaped) and my neck, which curves opposite what it is supposed to, bounces on that straight section and causes pain. So I have prior issues that contribute.

I tell you one thing. I won't be lifting anything for awhile. If I have more boxes, I'll ask housekeeping porters to help. Now, at the store that's not a luxury, but the main thing I have to lift there are cooler items, and tomorrow I'll be dealing with the cigarettes instead, so hopefully I'll have a chance to bounce back.

No comments: