Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, March 15, 2010

A blah day

It's Monday. I don't expect much from Mondays. Or certainly the Ides of March, for that matter. But today was, well, blah, in pretty much everything.

Today I woke up at the same time I usually wake up on weekdays. Unfortunately, where last week that was 9 am, today it is 10 am, with the time change. By the time I could get ready and ride the bus, I got into work at 11 am, a full hour late.

I couldn't stay late however because I had an appointment with the nurse practitioner at my doctor's office to see about my neck. He thinks it's a muscle strain injury, judging by where I was having pain. He suggested alternating ice and heat keeping the neck mobile and doing stretches (I've been doing all of that). He also prescribed a muscle relaxant, tizanidine, to take 1/2 a tablet about 6 pm, then 1 or 2 tablets at bedtime. My doctor gave me a prescription for Darvocet-N 100 for pain. They'll see me back in two weeks. If it hasn't gotten better, then they'll start doing some tests and x-rays. The final decision to go came over the weekend when I woke unable to feel my entire right hand (although it did come back once I was up and moving). Hopefully as the muscles relax, that won't happen again.

My blood pressure was back to normal this time, at least, and I'd lost a prescription and had just run out, so I was able to get another for one of my other meds. Thursday I have the nerve conduction study due to the numbness I was having earlier.

That's pretty much it. I went to a friend's house, but he was asleep. I came on home, meeting a neighbour on the bus and then walked with him and talked for a bit. Hopefully tomorrow will be better, and I'll wake up on time despite the time change and meds.

No comments: