Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Bleh

I'm up early to run an errand and although I first woke up at 6 am and managed to sleep until 7:45, I feel crappy. I'm achy all over, feel like a dried out paper towel that's frayed at the edges, and generally am not functioning yet. I'll feel better after a shower and maybe some food. But even though I couldn't sleep anymore, I feel tired. Of course, between the two jobs I worked about 12 hours yesterday, so that might have something to do with it. Man, I feel old sometimes.

I am getting more unbroken sleep now, mainly by sleeping on my back. My shoulder's been bothering me for some time and I usually sleep on my side with my arm under the pillow. I'm thinking that position is aggravating my shoulder, and so the pain is waking me up. It is getting better, so I don't think I need to see anyone about it, but it is annoying.

Oh, the caffeine is starting to perk me up. I'm not much of a coffee drinker, but a soda in the morning will do it for me. Yay, diet Sunkist. I have one of those mugs you put in the freezer and then pour the drink in so that it's cold without diluting from ice. It has the secondary effect of freezing bits of the soda around the edges, which I rather like. What can I say, I am a fairly simple person. Small things amuse me.

What I really should do with my extra time is take out the trash and put the dishes in the dishwasher. Maybe I will. I don't have to be anywhere until 9 am. But right now I'm just concentrating on waking up, and it's happening much more slowly than usual. I usually can get up from sleep or a nap and be ready to go just like that, a useful skill in my shuttling people around. I used to get up at 3 am and pick up YKWIA from the scary studio art building at UK years ago (ghosts, stairwells that collapsed, homeless people settling in, and oh, yeah, it's a 19th century tobacco warehouse with lots of allergens plus art supplies that can be toxic, what fun, although I hear they're finally doing something about the Reynolds building), and of course there was that spate when A was working at 3 am.

Okay, I think I'm going to spend 10 minutes in the comfy chair getting a back massage and then head to the shower. Have a great day.

No comments: