Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, January 31, 2009

I'm not really into pop music per se

but YKWIA introduced me to a 90s Irish girl band called B*Witched and I found this video interesting:

'I shall be there' by B*Witched:


The band brought together twin sisters Edele and Keavy Lynch, Sinéad O'Carroll and Lindsay Armaou. You can definitely tell the twins are related. They and O'Carroll are Irish, Armaou has a Greek father and an Irish mother and moved to Dublin from Greece when she was 13. The song features Ladysmith Black Mambazo. I like the blend of Irish and African music and motifs. I must say in every video YKWIA showed me, their costumes are very well done (although their hair is sometimes frightening). Oh, and a star is sometimes shown in the videos and of course they use it as if it were an asterisk in their name, which bothered YKWIA; but if you notice when you type one (shift-8 on a Western keyboard), it prints a five-pointed star on the screen, not the six-pointed figure we normally think of as an asterisk. Anyway, it's a nice feel-good song. Hope you enjoy.

No comments: