Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, January 01, 2009

I am really not happy with my flexible spending company

Ceridian handles our flexible spending accounts. It's bad enough that last year, in the middle of a plan year, they froze the cards for a month and issued new ones whilst re-launching their website to supposedly give us new features.

Then there's the fact that almost every time I have had to call them in the past, it has been busy for so long I can't get through, because I don't have time to wait a half hour to get someone to talk to. I think I finally got someone once.

But today, the start of a new plan year, I went to get my medicine and it denied the purchase. So I called the customer service number on the off chance that someone might be there on a holiday, without luck. It took five menus, including three requests to speak to a real person, before it told me they were closed. It did take me through plan balances, etc. My card has a balance of $3,120. The card doesn't expire until September 2011. I don't know what the deal is. Hopefully they will be in and answering the phone tomorrow, because I want to know why the programme I'm paying into throughout the year isn't working. Grrr.

I'll be out of Lamictal on Monday and I'm out of the other two medications I'm trying to get. I don't have $85 to spend on them. I need to be able to access my account. Hopefully it's just a glitch they can fix,but in the meantime, I am not happy. We never had this sort of problem with our old company.

No comments: