Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Success!

As you may recall, several weeks ago I repierced my left ear where the hole had closed up, using one of my earrings. Then I put the original earrings my ears were pierced in (22 years ago, yikes!) into the holes to make sure they would be big enough to easily put in and remove earrings (my right ear was trying to close, too, I think).

This morning I took them out--and that was no small feat, because the backs lock and the right one refused for awhile, and now I have silver earrings (circles with little clear stones in them that dangle a bit) in them instead. Most of my necklaces are silver and I don't like to mix the metals, but the earrings are gold because one of the conditions of getting my ears pierced when I was younger was to get them in 24 kt gold over surgical steel to keep down the chance of allergy, since my mother reacted to gold when she got hers pierced. I never had any problems, maybe because of that. And I didn't have any trouble with either hole this time, no infection or anything, and the earrings slid right in. (Previously earrings would go in the left ear to a point, then strain against a bit of skin in the back, sort of 'swimming' around in my ear, which was a little unnerving. Anyway, I'm happy, I can wear earrings again (and take them out when I sleep if I want...I have kept those original earrings in for quite some time).

Okay, now it's time to go to that birthday breakfast at work. Have a nice day.

No comments: