Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, May 08, 2008

I think I finally got some rest

this week. I even got in a nap this afternoon. I have to be at work to check in the truck delivery in a little less than an hour, but since I had three hours to myself I took a nap, made supper, and picked up the house a little. I've also caught up on the news and my RSS subscriptions. I'm going to try to finish up my classwork either before I go in or later tonight, so I can get credit. Technically the class is over but we have until the 18th to submit our progress. I was looking at all the credit I've received last fall and this spring plus my writings and jury work for one of the MLA awards. Basically I have enough points to apply for the Academy of Health Information Professionals (AHIP). Although not a requirement for my job, it would help if I went to another medical library position, more than likely, and it's expected if you've been in the field for awhile. I put it off for some time not knowing if I wanted to continue this track of librarianship, but I've been a medical librarian for eleven years now, so I should probably go ahead and apply. The only stumbling block is that it's $175 and I don't have that in my professional dues budget, so I'll have to come up with it on my own, which isn't going to happen very quickly, especially as I owe taxes so I seriously doubt I'll get any of my tax rebate. But maybe towards the end of the year....

No comments: