Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, May 18, 2008


According to the Money Crashers' Blog:

If you owe taxes will you still get the refund or will the IRS apply it towards what you owe?
I am assuming that you mean if you owe taxes for 2007, will you not get the 2008 refund check? The answer is yes. You can think of it as a tax credit refund advance. So, it applies to your 2008 taxes, and has nothing to do with your 2007 taxes whether you owe money or are receiving a refund for your 2007 taxes. It does base the amount you’ll receive on what you filed for your 2007 taxes, but if your income changes drastically or you have a child or two in 2008, the above questions apply.

Hmmm...that would actually do well to start off that savings with maybe half and start on some of the smaller debt. Plus I need new clothes. Most of mine are second-hand (for which I'm grateful, but I should buy a few pieces occasionally) and I'll be somewhat hard-pressed to find an ensemble to go to any job interviews. I have dress pumps, black pants, and maybe one dressy top. Everything else is business casual.

No comments: