Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, April 23, 2007

I've felt wonky all day

but the good news is I just checked my blood sugar and it is at 126, almost normal. It has been elevated before I eat anything at the beginning of the day still, and my haemoglobin A1C was 7.5% (it should be 6% or less), and my triglycerides are up, so they want me to come in to the doctor's office tomorrow to go over my labs. Dr Nesbitt is going to put me on TriCor for my triglycerides. It's just one more pill to take. Sigh. But hopefully it will make me better.

With an eye to eating healthier I went to the co-op and found some low-carb tortillas, whole grain bread, pomegranate jelly, strawberries, and some non-Chiquita bananas (check out the post that explains why) and instead got some Dole organics. So somewhere in this town there are other brands, yay). I also got some of my favourite incense to relax to. I'm thinking of renewing my owner's membership.

I also am renewing my lease on my apartment. I called the office today and they'll draw up the paperwork for tomorrow. It's not up until May 31st, but I figured I might as well be prepared. The rent's going up $15, but that's not TOO bad. Plus I get some sort of gift for renewing. I'll have to check them out. But regardless, I have no plans to voluntarily move any time soon. It's too much trouble, and I think my friends are all moved out from the last couple of times. I think I've lived here three years now, going on four. Another few won't hurt. Plus, it's a straight stretch of road to both of my jobs.

I'm excited that Heroes is coming back tonight and I'm definitely planning on watching.

Well, I guess that's it for now. Hope your day has gone well.

No comments: