Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Well, I did sleep in

Listening to: Rob Thomas' Something to Be, 'I am an Illusion'

to after 4:30 in the afternoon, although I went to bed after 4 this morning, so it was about 10 12 hours (math was never my forté). I got up about noon to check my blood sugar (it was a little over 200) and ate a little breakfast, then went on back to sleep.

It's a gorgeous day, sunny, with a light breeze, so I've opened all the windows. I'm going to get ready and then go make a Kroger run. Then I'm going to come back, wash some dishes and straighten up the house with the Mummy and Mummy Returns on (I got the full collector's edition for signing my lease...I didn't have the second movie before except on VHS. I love them. When I want to relax, I watch them--yeah, it's the library scene with the bookshelves dominoing that grabbed me the first time. Technically I have the Scorpion King now, but I heard it was really, really bad. I might watch it at some point, but it's been so long since I've watched the others, I don't know when I'll have time. Did you know there's a Mummy 3 in the works? They'll start filming this summer for a story with an Chinese theme, moving from Aegypt, so Oded Fehr (did you know he's from Israel and served in the Israeli army?) will not be reprising his role of Ardeth Bey. John Hannah will be Jonathan again. Jet Li will be the villian, and Michelle Yeoh is also listed in the cast, so it sounds like it will be good, but what bothers me is the absence of Rachel Weisz as Evelyn. No word on who is playing their grown-up son Alex, Here is some Mummy trivia for you, by the way.

I also came across an interesting series of books, Aegpyt, by John Crowley (who though born in Maine, apparently lived for some time as a kid in Northeastern Kentucky) I'd like to read (can't believe I haven't heard of them with my mediaeval history background and the fact that at least one scholar, Harold Bloom, lists the first two in his Western Canon).

Okay, it's been awhile since I started writing (so many links take time!) and it's grown overcast. I need to get ready and go to the store before the heavens open up (although hopefully it will be a short storm, like the other day).

No comments: