Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, April 20, 2007

I know we mourn when horrible things happen close to home

we should mourn when they happen far away, too...

From Wednesday's news--

At Least 178 Dead In Baghdad Bombing, most of those in a crowded open-air market in a Shi'a area that had been bombed back in February with a death toll in the 130s for that bombing.

4 bombings in Baghdad kill 183; day's nationwide toll is 233

It's so sad. People should be able to go to market (and to classrooms) without falling to hate. I don't understand the hate that drives bombers and gunmen to take innocent lives. I wish it would stop. I have only a little faith that it will. And that makes me sadder, still.

Tell your love ones how you feel. You never know when the world's ills will become personal. And to those who lost loved ones on such a deadly day in a country with great uncertainty, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

No comments: