Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, March 13, 2006

A glorious spring-like day

outside, cloudy, granted, and it may rain, but the breeze is very warm and occasionally I'll catch whiffs of spring flowers. The other day I saw egrets on their way back north, beautiful white birds soaring over water. The other night I heard an owl whooing in the dark. Today, birds seem to be bursting out all over as the rain has loosened the soil and the warmth sets their juices flowing.

It's almost time to start gardening in earnest, and this year I have a landscaping job to work on to actually put some of my talents to work. I love digging in the dirt, planting and nuturing growth, the heady perfume of flowers in bloom, the opportunity to create a sort of bower of delight. The agenda includes creating a water feature with the appropriate plantings. Now, my nose doesn't like it; I'm back on Claritin and Flonase due to my allergies, but oh, well, a little suffering is worth it. I've been sniffling and sneezing even with the drugs.

Well, that's all for now. Time to go wrestle with copiers and patrons.

No comments: