Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, March 27, 2006

Good, good

I don't have diabetic neuropathy in my feet. That's a very good thing, as my mom and my grandmother are both on meds for it. I do, however, have plantar fasciitis, which isn't surprising given the amount of standing and walking I've been doing. The podiatrist approved the New Balance shoes and suggested inserts that support my arch and cushion my foot, so I bought those. They feel wonderful so far. It's funny, until I was sitting in the chair with my feet propped up, I never really realised how exposed you can feel with your shoes off. I go barefoot at nearly every opportunity, although that is now verboten, since it makes the PF worse. But I felt every much as naked as when you have one of those silly gowns that don't cover everything and you have a Pap smear. Weird, hmm? Fortunately the office staff were nice, although I could have done without going back downstairs to register with the clinic as a whole before I could be seen. I'm so glad Dr Nesbitt (his office is right next door) doesn't do that.

As a bonus, a nice older lady offered to give me a ride to work, so I didn't have to wait for a bus and got to the hospital a full half-hour earlier than I thought I would. Some friends are picking me up after work to go run some errands, so there's another busride I can miss. Yay.

Actually, the bus isn't too bad, although it takes me an hour to go somewhere it would normally take me 15 minutes. Let's just say it's good to have a book handy, because you have a lot of down time waiting for them and then riding them. The new buses are really low to the ground, and then step up a couple of steps in the very back, putting you on par with the bus driver's height and far above the cars. It's interesting. But I still want my car back. :)

No comments: