Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, September 18, 2002

So far this week...



1. Yesterday I woke up at 7am for no particular reason and stayed awake.
2. I also received a plastic fork wrapped up with two extra tines (just in case I needed them, I suppose).
3. Today an avalanche resulted from taking items off a shelf. Fortunately it was a lower one, and I was in the library proper talking to the information system guys about a computer they were installing. It sounded like the roof caved in, though.
4. My USB port is working, meaning my little webcam is doing fine (and that also means my Handspring cradle should work, too).

This evening I moved my computer/desk from my study to my dining room. Sound's odd, hmm? Well, the truth is, I'm more likely to enjoy it out here, where I can also watch the fish in my tank (I've got about 20 baby mollies and more on the way!), watch TV, etc. I'm going to try to find a big comfy chair to put in the study so that I can, well, study. In the meantime, there's more room for books. :) Which is good, since I'm at about 3,000 and growing--what can I say, they're habit forming.

I'm considering naming my creek Eidolon Creek. It seems to work. On one hand, it's sort of a play on sound (since it runs along the border of the Chevy Chase and Idle Hour neighbourhoods. And certainly it's phantasmal. What do you think? Or is Eidolon Run better?

Well, I'm off to see if the Windows XP service patch will fix some of the minor glitches I have with some software. Toodleoo. :)

No comments: