Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, September 20, 2002

Gee, it's already Friday!



1. Would you say that you're good at keeping in touch with people?
I am lousy at keeping in touch with people. Growing up in the Air Force, we moved so much you couldn't keep up with anyone. I'm really bad at writing through regular post. The Internet helps. Unfortunately, most of the people I'd like to catch up with I haven't been able to find: Deana Headley [from Belle Plaine]; Jody Sauers, Paul Scarboro, and Julia Hollingshead [from Barksdale]. I'm sorry guys, I know you tried to keep in touch with me. Write me if you see this! And then there's the pseudo-lost ones like Tracy. Tracy, Tracy, Tracy. Girl, I know where you are, tracked you down, exchanged letters, and you never write! Agghhh! Oh, well, one of these days we'll see you on CNN blasting into space, I guess.

2. Which communication method do you usually prefer/use: e-mail, telephone, snail mail, blog comments, or meeting in person? Why?
E-mail. I don't lose computers with as much regularity as I lose slips of paper. My telephone comes and goes. Blog comments are becoming more important, though.

3. Do you have an instant messenger program? How many? Why/why not? How often do you use it?
Yes, but no one else I know uses it regularly enough to bother.

4. Do most of your close friends live nearby or far away?
Well, yes, now, since I've let the others fade away.

5. Are you an "out of sight, out of mind" person, or do you believe that "distance makes the heart grow fonder"?
Definitely the first. I don't mean to be. I just get caught up in other things. Now, if they're somewhere nearby and start wandering off, I can be tenacious, as Zabet can attest. :)
-----
Also, I finished emptying the closet at work (about 1000 cubic feet of stuff!) Haven't a clue as to where most of it's going to go. I'd say about 1/3 of it can be sent off to other places via the backmed list where we trade things around. I feel like I've been working out--not only have I been lugging stacks of books and journals for three weeks, I did a lot of overhead lifting when I took the shelves apart. They've already started getting the room ready for paint. I have a library committee meeting next Monday, so I think I'll take a break from the mess to work on my report.

Okay, Conan O'Brien's going through supposedly humourous propositions for state quarters. Definitely time to sign off and go to bed. Have a great tomorrow/weekend.

No comments: