Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, September 04, 2002

One last post for the day...



Really! I just wanted to say that I had a w o n d e r f u l Labour Day weekend. On Saturday I went to the Newport Aquarium near Cincinnati. It was wonderful, although I wish they'd had room to have sea mammals as well. Unfortunately, one poor child is probably scarred by his experience. His dad, who was something like 6'5", decided to put him on his shoulders so he could get a better look at the sharks in the shark tunnel. Ever noticed curved glass with water in it is harder to see than regular glass? He basically smacked the child straight into the ceiling. No physical harm done but I bet they'll be paying for therapists later. I got to pet starfish, regular crabs, and horseshoe crabs. They remind me a little of trilobites. I've always wanted one of those for a pet--too bad it's several million years too late. :)

I really liked the mud skippers, the octopus, and the jellyfish. The little mushroom-like jellyfish and ones with shimmering lights were almost what you might call cute. The ones with long, sinuous tentacles reminded me of something out of Lumley. However, the cuttlefish were quite adorable despite looking like little Cthulhus.

Monday night Zabet, her Hubby, and I watched the movie Amélie. It was wonderful--sort of like my inner life, which I think alarmed my friends.

Anyway, it was fun.

And now, off to ride LexTran to Jo-Beth!

No comments: