Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, September 12, 2002

Ach, so tired...



For the past week and a half I have been cleaning out my storage area (7 feet by 15 feet) at work so that we can carpet it, take the shelves down, and install a family resource centre complete with reading area, TV/VCR, and computer.

No one had any idea how much stuff I had in my closet. I did, in a way, but I'm clueless when it comes to spatial relations, so I had no idea how long it would take to empty, or what sort of space it would take to absorb it. Needless to say, the library is very very messy now. I have signs up, so people come in piping up remarks like, "I came to see your mess!" I know they're joking, but as someone who hoarded for years until my OCD diagnosis helped get me the medicine to change that funky brain chemisty, I just feel like hanging my head in shame.

I know it'll get better. It's just a big job, and I'm trying to do it in small, steady bursts rather than all at once. And I have been chipping away at it. Still, I just want to go home, curl into a ball and sleep. Everything out of place is causing a little bit of anxiety,--I can't even see my desk--but I guess it's better than walling myself away with stuff. Sigh. I'll have to celebrate when it's over somehow--maybe a PTO day. :)

No comments: