Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, September 29, 2002

Hoody-hoo!



For those who don't know, that's the rallying cry of the Knights of the Dinner Table. Not to sound like a total geek (but then, I am one, after all), I just got in from a great game where our characters took on vampires, sorcerors, daemon-ridden guards, radioactive uranium spirits, and an impending thing with tentacles that was about to hatch. It took all our abilities--magickal, physical, and intelligence, plus a haunting great-grandmother, a shaman, and an ancestor spirit (whom I mistakenly threw a dagger at, and Yoda-like, she deflected with her staff. There will be much groveling for that one, I think). All the bad guys were killed--even the undead--the egg was sealed, and we even made up with the Indian tribe who had cast us out mistakenly for a supposed betrayal. Occasional bouts of adrenaline-laden fight scenes, I think, can be good for the soul. It gets all of your normal angst out. I think that's why so many people like Buffy. Much better than last week's game, where I had a character whose eyes melted out of his head.

Hey, I know, it's weird, but it's fun, it's creative, and no actual people get hurt. :) Hope your day went as well.

No comments: