Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, July 03, 2013

So the quiet night at home didn't quite work out, but I had a good time

I laid down for a nap, was half asleep, when a friend called asking me to bring some food over (they don't have a car, and don't drive). It was only after I called in the order and really woke up that I realised that they could have just had the Chinese restaurant they wanted it from delivered. A never thought about it, and YKWIA did, but was amused that I didn't think to just tell A that. At least I can blame it on being sleepy and tell myself they wanted the pleasure of my company. But I did get a small kung pao tofu that was really good (I'd already had some corn before they called), and YKWIA and I watched several episodes of 'Better Off Ted' and had a great time together. We also checked on a friend who'd had some surgery last week and is thankfully feeling better. It looks like we'll be playing the game Sunday. Now I'm (back) home, texting with Brandon and winding down for the night. Rain or shine, tomorrow I'm going to try to sleep in and not set an alarm. Some people over here in my neighbourhood are setting off early fireworks (I guess they're not sure they'll be able to tomorrow), but it's not too noisy.

I saw some revised hours for the High Street YMCA on Facebook a few minutes ago. Now they're open 7 am-6 pm, and are letting the runners from the Bluegrass 10K (which takes place near them, downtown) use their showers after the race. That's nice.

I hope you have a very safe and happy Independence Day (at least for those of you in the States). Good night.

No comments: