Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, July 02, 2013

It looks like Independence Day may fizzle

as the forecast is for 100% rain and heavy storms. I hope things change in the interim, as I love the festival and the fireworks show. But if things don't go well, I have plenty to do around the house to keep me busy on my day off. But I would like to celebrate, even if it means standing on the porch with some sparklers I have in a drawer. It seems lately it's either too hot and dry for fireworks, or it rains on the Fourth. Still, chin up.

I ate too many carbs today (baked potato, banana pudding, bread, yoghurt) and my blood sugar went through the roof this afternoon, so I took both insulins spaced apart somewhat, and together they got it down a bit. I need to watch overdoing it. I should have eaten just the yoghurt instead of the potato, and skipped the bread and pudding, or at least had one or the other, not all of it. Plus, the fish at lunch was tilapia with tortilla breading, the breading being more carbs, of course.

I went over to my friends' help to finish something I started Sunday, and YKWIA fell asleep on the couch to 'Reba' and A was in the bedroom when I left lying down and listening to 'Bewitched' (it had been 'Big Bang Theory' before that). So I went on home. I must admit, I'm a little tired. Last night I got to bed at 1 am, which is not terrible, but much less sleep than that to which I've grown accustomed. So it's maybe s little reading or listening to music, and then I think I'll turn in for the night.

Tomorrow will hopefully be pleasant, and then there's the holiday and weekend. Yay! No word if the game is on or not yet; that'll depend on Brenda, but I already have the notes ready, so no need to worry about that. :)

By the way, I got a call out of the blue from a friend who I used to work with. Her sister saved three kittens whose mother had been killed. They're tiny, and they haven't opened their eyes yet, so they're just a few days old. The vet gave her some formula to feed them, but she really can't do that long-term, having a pretty busy household to keep up with, and several pets already. I can't do it--they'd have to be fed about every four hours initially, from what I've read, and between work and all the running I do, I can't do that. Anyone out there in the Bluegrass able to do this? They are in Woodford County, and while I'm pretty sure their shelter is no kill, I'm not sure if they're set up for such tiny kittens, and they have a lot of cats already up for adoption. Let me know via the e-mail link to the left or comment on this post if you know someone (either a person or rescue group) out there that might be able to foster them, or have some sort of constructive suggestion. Poor things!

No comments: