Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The biggest blessing today, other than being alive, is that I didn't have to go cross-town anywhere in rush hour traffic

I've had a long, stressful day, most of which involved wrestling with a copier drawer that is continually mis-feeding to the point where, for now, it has won. I'll call it in tomorrow morning, but in the meantime we won't use it and I'll just have to be vigilant about filling the drawer that is working, which doesn't hold a whole ream of paper. Such are the daily annoyances of a librarian. Yes, for this I went to graduate school and took out student loans. :(

I have quite a bit to do at home (the kitchen is an absolute disaster), but I really want to do something fun and relaxing, like maybe going back in the pool. It's a bit cooler but I think the water should still be warm. Or I could watch one of the videos that I need to catch up on. Or maybe read. I haven't decided. I think I'll finish eating, take off my shoes, and get my contacts out, and then figure it out from there. But for now, I don't really want to be on the computer, as I've been on one all day and I'm just not happy with machines at the moment. Besides, mine is running a full viral scan at the moment, so I think I'll leave it be. I'll try to write later. Have a good evening.

No comments: