Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

:D

I have a system through Vonage that transcribes my home phone voicemails, and then includes a .wav (sound) file of the actual message in an e-mail, so I very rarely actually have to listen to my voicemails from the phone itself. (Contrary to my what my friends may think, I do usually listen to the ones that come into the cell phone. It's just one friend tends to not leave them, so if it's just a couple of seconds I know I'm going to hear the sound of Freecell on the computer and I just know to call back. Sometimes I forget that it could be from the other friend, who does leave voicemails, and just call back, and this annoys them.)

Anyway, back to the home phone with Vonage. Usually it does a reasonable job of transcribing. I use my home phone for things like doctor's offices, so I don't get a lot of calls to my cell phone, and pay just a bit each month for unlimited incoming calls and a limited amount going out. (My cell is unlimited both ways.) But I have to admit, I was amused today when I got the following in an e-mail:
Hello this is the office of Doctor Christina Humphrey isn't as bad as the internal medicine and endocrinology
I'm going to an endocrinologist named Kristina Humphries. Apparently it couldn't handle the end of her name. :) Anyway, I was amused.

I'm easy to amuse today. I was at Kroger's briefly after work. I got the following three things:
  • Always overnight menstrual pads
  • Herbal Essences Body Envy shampoo
  • Diet Sunkist soda
What do all of these have in common? They're orange, as was my outfit today (it's a top with pink and orange, colours I rarely wear). I went to pay with my debit card, which is orange. Also, the cashier had black hair she'd dyed orange. It was like orange was the colour theme of the day. I know, it's silly, but it did amuse me. I mentioned it to the cashier (well, everything but her hair), and she laughed, but she probably thought I was weird. Oh, well.

No comments: