Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, July 19, 2013

Triumph of the pink blobbie

I did not go to the Y tonight, but I did go to my complex pool, despite my neon pink swimsuit and my blobbie-shaped body. And you know what? It was great. There actually were no other people at the pool (several people went to the laundry room, and of course I walked back to my apartment later, and there was no sense putting anything over the suit as I was still wet). But I forgot how absolutely freeing the water can be. I floated, I did some exercises, I swam (such as it is). I got some good exercise in and enjoyed myself thoroughly. I was in for about 40 minutes and burned between 500-640 calories or so, according to my fitness applications for leisurely swimming. :) I definitely have to do this more often, both here at the apartments (the pool will be open through Labour Day weekend) and at the YMCA. Yay for the pink blobbie. And when I looked in the mirror, I didn't seem quite as huge as I was afraid I'd look. The suit has rauching, a bit of a skirt, and a lot of bosom support. It worked out pretty well.

No comments: