Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, July 27, 2013

I'm having the belts of the car looked at, so I'm on Tire Discounters' wi-fi with the laptop

I'm so glad it's the weekend. I slept in just a bit today, although a friend called me at 8:20, which turned out to be good because I managed to get up for my appointment here. I didn't manage to get breakfast, though, so once I'm finished here it would definitely be good to get something.

I'm moving a little slowly today; everything aches, especially my feet, back, and shoulders. I think it's because I helped a friend cook last night. He did the cooking, but I did most of the prep work, like slicing, cubing, chopping, and pressing. We made this really great Hispanic squash and zucchini casserole with polenta, corn, hot peppers, and cheese, among other ingredients. It was very nummy.

Yesterday was just as busy as the rest of the week at work, despite fewer people in clinic. There were interlibrary loans, cataloguing books (using my phone and LibraryThing's scanner application), working with our clinical analyst to resolve some issues with my referral job. I definitely wasn't bored. Harley Claus came for the Hillbilly Christmas in July at the hospital.

During the interlibrary loans yesterday I had a dilemma. A journal was very tightly bound, and the copier I was using to scan it was having trouble picking up a chart clearly on the binding side. So I got a co-worker to hold the journal all the way open, took a picture with my phone using the CamScanner application, which takes pictures and converts them to .pdf files. I then sent that along with the article I scanned. I thought it was a creative solution to the problem, and I got a nice thank you from the borrowing librarian for going an extra step. Plus, it was kind of fun figuring out how to do it.

Today there's the car to take care of, the grocery run, and I'm going to take a friend to pick up something he'd ordered. I keep forgetting tomorrow we're not playing the game; one of our players is off at the Pennsic War for the Society for Creative Anachronism. I hope she's having fun. I went years ago...and by that I mean sometime in the late 1980s, years ago, and it was a lot of fun. The queen for the Midrealm that year was named Eislinn. One of my friends was in her Guard. She was battling cancer, and it was amazing just how well everyone rallied around her. It was a very special Pennsic War as a result.

Okay, I think I'll play on the computer for awhile. Hopefully your'e having a good start to your weekend. Take care.

No comments: