Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Fortunately I won't melt (or turn into a mermaid, depending on the story you want to draw from)

So it's a bit wet outside. A thunderstorm blew up about 3 pm and it was still raining when I got out of work at 5. Sadly, my umbrella was in the car. I'm afraid I've grown somewhat lax in terms of being prepared now that I'm no longer riding the bus. The good thing, though, is it's blown in on the window boxes, so no watering tonight anyway. From the time the rain started to now, it's gone from 90 degrees and 68% humidity to 72 degrees and 93% humidity. The drive home was not the greatest due to the rain, and there are a lot of accidents (hopefully fender-benders or less) in Lexington right now. So I'm glad to be safely in my home.

I managed to get my labs drawn this morning. I've been drinking lots of fluids, mainly water, in preparation for it, and then continued throughout the day. I've had five 20 oz. cups of water today and only two sodas. I thought that was pretty decent.

When the rain settles down, I need to take some things out to the Dumpster and Rosies (recycling containers--we name of our trash receptacles here), do those dishes from the other day, and some of that hand-wash laundry. Yes, still haven't done all that. I may watch the last two 'Doctor Who' episodes, as well, as I can't go much longer without accidentally running into spoilers, I'm sure.

Okay, I think I'll relax for just a bit (my back is bothering me a bit today) and then see if the rain lets up. I'll write later.

No comments: