Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, July 12, 2013

Does anyone have experience with support hose?

I'm wearing them because my ankles and feet swell in the summer and we don't want it to go into cellulitis. But even though they take care of the ankles, the tops really bind my calves, sometimes to the point of blue blemishes that look like a collection of varicose veins that I didn't notice before. It's this normal? It's possible the veins were already an issue, as I do have some varicose veins. The top of the stocking comes up all the way to  the knee. I may have to talk to my doctor's office about them. I don't want to cause more trouble, say a blood clot. It's about as painful as when it swells, just in a different part of the leg. Right now I have them propped up to see if they feel better before going to work out.

No comments: