Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, July 22, 2013

So I finally finished watching series 7 of 'Doctor Who'

Wow. Well done. Clara's choice (I won't say what it was, no spoilers) was a classic one we face in our Call of Cthulhu game. Take a step forward, risk yourself, and save the universe--I've done that several times in the game. But the best time was during the interminable Beyond the Mountains of Madness campaign (it took us two years to complete it, I think), when I was determined to save a beloved non-player character who appeared to be fated to die, and by staying my hand and allowing the others to take a certain action, I was able to trick the aliens into taking a course of action that would kill me but save the world. Everything fell into place. My decision. My character died gruesomely, but the feeling I had was great. 'The Name of the Doctor' reminded me of that.

I'm really looking forward to the 50th anniversary special on November 23rd, where hopefully we will learn more about John Hurt's role. And then there will be the Christmas special...and the last of Matt Smith's Doctor, which makes me sad, as he really has grown on me.

Okay, I think I'm going to head on to bed. I'm going to try to do some work on the kitchen in the morning. I've had a lot of trouble getting up in the morning lately, and I'm hoping going to bed early will help. Good night.

No comments: