Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, July 06, 2013

You know its been raining for awhile

When you're taking your groceries to the car and you suddenly realise you're getting wet, and then realise that you hadn't noticed before because after all it's been raining for days and days and you've just become used to it. Is this how people in Britain and the Pacific Northwest are? We don't normally get rain day in and day out for a week or two.

I got my hair trimmed, and it looks nice. I know there is no such thing as 'good' karma really, but it was nice that I let a woman and her little boy cross in front of me and the perfect parking spot opened up seemingly as a reward. Dee Dee did a great job with my hair. Then I went to the grocery and bought some (mostly) healthy food, like hummous, fruit (they had strawberries on sale for $2.99 for 2 lbs), yoghurt, cottage cheese, milk to go with my cereal, eggs, etc. I did get my chocolate-dipped coconut fruit bars, though. I cleaned out the refrigerator and put the new stuff in as well.

I have to admit, all of this rain is making me feel really sleepy. I think I'm going to stop talking about going to the Y because it seems the more I talk about it, the less likely I am tp go. Today I was going to, but it turns out I'm starting my period, and while they usually say exercise is good for that, it's been my experience that if I do any major exercise on the first day of mine, I go into horrible cramping. So no gym today, and no pool. :( Tomorrow's out as well, due to the game, but I'll try to go next week. I'm not going to write about it any more until I actually go, though. I called Brenda just now to see what sort of snacks she's up for at the game tomorrow), and I'm really looking forward to the game. I'm going to call and see if there's anything special I need to pick up on the way tomorrow. Although I still have a lot I want to accomplish this weekend, but I'm going to take a nap, although I'm going to try not to sleep the evening away. Hope you're having a good weekend as well.

No comments: