Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Lovely day

I woke up at eight this morning, after sleeping a total of 12 hours, just waking up once about 1:30 but going straight back to bed. I somehow managed to get to work on time (I have to be there at 8:30), despite the fact that my ear did not cooperate when I tried to put an earring in it after nothing in them for just two or three days. (Which is why I'm sleeping in post earrings tonight.) I got a lot accomplished at work, especially with the referrals, and I'm generally happy about how my Monday went. Plus, one of my co-workers who had been ill is back to work, and it was nice to see her today.

After work I picked up a friend and took him home, then visited with his spouse while he went off to a meeting. I called Time Warner Cable for him, as the home page that had been set up for him just went away completely and would not load. Turns out the www.twccentral.com webpage is just a temporary thing, and the real home page is www.rr.com. Not that they tell you anywhere in the migration process that this will happen, mind you. So, just in case you have the same trouble, there you go. We also watched several episodes of a delightful show called 'Better Off Ted', set in a Monsanto-like company and which has Portia De Rossi as the wonderfully efficient (as in shouldn't be allowed to oversee gas chambers) boss, Veronica. It's really fun, and I can't believe I missed it when it was on, and it's a shame it never really 'made it', but I'm glad it's on Netflix. If you have it, or some other way to see it, you should check it out. And then, in order to firmly cement its theme song into my mind, we watched a couple of episodes of 'H2O: Just Add Water'. :)

As I drove home, it occurred to me that it was now July, meaning I've had car insurance for six months, and that probably meant that in the stack of unopened mail at home I had new insurance cards. I prayed that I'd get home without doing something stupid to get a citation, when they could be expired. So I got home, called my friend to let him know I got home okay (I always do that when it's dark; you never know.) I went through my mail, found the cards--which thankfully start on the day my insurance is due, a few days away, put them next to my purse so I'd have them tomorrow morning, and then got out the Time Warner Cable bill to see when it was due. I figured it was today, but it's actually a few days away. But I followed the instructions for getting a TWC ID so I could pay online, and it glitched, but the registration went through. I paid my bill and did a few more housekeeping sorts of things, then texted with Brandon, who was checking on me tonight. Now it's almost 12:30 and I am definitely up past my bedtime. :)

So it's been a pretty busy day. Tomorrow we'll have a bigger clinic, so there will be a lot of data entry for me to do. I'm going to start cataloguing some new books, as well, I think, and generally spruce up the library. And with it being the first of the month, I have some major filing to do that should take up the remainder of my day.

I still haven't done those hand-washables. And my payment for the YMCA went through today. Still haven't been, except for the once, when I signed up. I have some things to do for a friend tomorrow, but I really want to go sometime this week. I'm assuming they're closed the Fourth, but maybe Friday is an option. They don't have the open swim on Wednesday nights, unfortunately. The diuretic seems to be helping with the swelling of my ankles. It's still happening, but it's not quite as bad. I need to start wearing the pressure hose every day; if I do that, then I should be able to fit into my athletic shoes in the evening to work out, or at least that's what I hope.

Okay, I'm definitely getting sleepy. Good night. Hope your week goes well.

No comments: