Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, November 17, 2012

That's a little odd

I went to bed about 2 am. I laid there for a short time. Then I listened to a Loreena McKennitt album. Then I tried getting comfortable and laid awake some more. But I would swear it wasn't three hours' worth or more, and I'm almost 100% sure I didn't fall asleep. I am also almost 100% sure aliens didn't come get me and make me 'miss time'. I guess your perceptions just alter sometimes, and I was there, lying in bed awake, the whole time.

This is not a complaint, mind you, just an observation. My lack of sleep is my own fault. But it's really almost morning and I'm not the least bit sleepy. Somehow I suspect I'll be crashing and burning till noon or so. Oh, well. At least it's Saturday, and I have nothing to do except maybe an hour or two of game notes. I need to start getting on a regular schedule again, although in truth I'm normally awake by 7 am because that's when the light outside wakes me these days. I do occasionally ignore that, of course. As I will in the coming day, no doubt.

No comments: